Visit the Oropéndula Waterfall
Refresh yourself in its beauty
Do you enjoy going out to discover a new waterfall? We’d like to inspire your wanderlust with the marvel we have in store for you – we know you won’t be able to resist.
Everything you need to know:
- Ingreso a la catarata por Hacienda Guachipelín: $10 adultos. Niños mayores de 4 años pagan como adultos.
- Children above 4 pay as adults.
- Children under 4 enter free.
- Horseback riding tour from Hacienda Guachipelín to the waterfall: $37 for adults, $27 for children.
- The tour consists of one hour on horseback to the waterfall, 30 minutes to enjoy the waterfall, and a one-hour ride back.
- Direct entry to the waterfall: 5 km by car and 1 km hiking.
- The waterfall can be accessed: between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Hacienda’s telephone number: 2690-2900.
- Other waterfalls nearby: Cataratas Escondidas, La Cangreja and Chorreras.
The surprises never stop for a true adventurer, and what we have here is truly a box of surprises. The route to the waterfall is fascinating, and the emerald-green water will leave you speechless.
In addition to its incredible appearance, the Oropéndula waterfall is nestled in the magical surroundings of the Rincón de la Vieja National Park. In addition to visiting waterfalls, this is a place with activities ranging from adrenaline-pumping to relaxing, which include horseback rides, hot springs, swimming, camping, and picnics.
Not only will you be astounded by the area’s volcanic activity, you’ll also be able to visit a dry forest, wet forest, rainforest and cloud forest in the same park.
Oropéndula is located close to the Las Pailas park sector. The waterfall is about 25 m in height and is surrounded by a valley that is full of natural life and a climate that invites you to swim in its waters. You can reach the waterfall on horseback, by car or, if you’d like, by foot.
Don’t forget! Photos here tend to look absolutely incredible. Make sure to bring a good camera to snap your next profile picture!